Wednesday 22 June 2011

Dreams

I dreamt a strange dream last night. The details of which are beginning to fade away.

I was at the abode of a Burmese holy man with someone that I knew. The holy man made jokes that were laced with a certain quality that made me fear. There were tests, black rope bridges that culminated in hammock like swing seats where we were asked questions. I think we passed because the next scene was us sitting with the holy man at a table where there was a platter of large peeled whole oranges, smaller peeled half oranges and finally small whole green and orange ones.The holy man said that things are made more desirable when compared to others. The plates of oranges looked beautiful from afar, but upon closer inspection, they were crumbling, rotting. The holy man and my acquaintance started eating. I saw them eating the large oranges, it was as if they did not notice the worms breaking the surface. I reached for the smallest whole orange one and as I ate, a smooth green worm emerged.

No comments: