Saturday 21 March 2015

Unicorns and Donkeys

The world seems to think that a unicorn is a mythical beast. It's used to describe the impossible love, the lacuna between reality and desire.

I believe in unicorns. I think unicorns are just like love. They cannot exist, until you give something of yourself in the belief of it.

Unicorns are magical. They bring light, joy and fantasy. I had a unicorn, and then I stopped believing, and it turned into a donkey.

I then complained to the donkey about how it wasn't magical anymore. I wet my pillow with tears, night after night, as I mourned my unicorn.

And then one day, I got out of bed, and I gave my donkey a hug. I gave it food, brushed it's coat till it gleamed, and showered it with little kisses. I looked at my donkey, and he wasn't a donkey anymore. I guess he never was. Unicorns are magic, you need to believe to see.

No comments: