Saturday 22 November 2008

Food in Shanghai

Someone close remarked to me recently that i update my blog frantically. :)
Perhaps perhaps
only for my joy then.

Food photography is all the rage now isn't it? I however, only take food when a particular dish or moment really strikes me. Share my food inspired moments! :)


See how quickly the guy's hands move! Even at F2 i couldn't get a clear shot!

That aside, i suddenly remembered a friend of mine that looked up to Anne Boleyn, the notorious English lady that managed to wriggle her way to the throne. Now i wonder, what kind of person would look up to and be fascinated with Anne Boleyn? Honestly, Anne Boleyn was an incredibly smart woman, not smart enough of course as we know from her public execution. She was unscrupulous, cunning, extremely religious yet curiously immoral. I used to have a strange distasteful admiration for her. Thankfully, that disappeared with time and the building up of my moral values and sense of justice. (I would at least like to think i possess the two) Still, if one did revere Anne Boleyn, does it say something about them? A high tolerance for cruel ambition? An admiration for cunning deceit? A broader definition of what is right and moral?

I'd say that a person's "heroes" are very telling of who they are or at least what they would like to be.

1 comment:

Brendan said...

i like the photo of the vegetables. looks like deadly green spikes that may cause your feet to bleed if you step too hard on them.