Saturday 15 November 2008

Shanghai, my here and now

I think its time to consolidate a little.

These two weeks have been the furthest 2 weeks I've lived from those at home. I have always managed to be physically away, yet keep a part of my heart and mind where they belong. However, i fear that the tendrils of thought have started detaching themselves, curling in tightly and with a sudden movement lashing up and out.

One's heart and mind seems to have a limited capacity. The more i feel here, the less i have to offer there. Problems, successes, happiness, sorrow, experiences... they are here and now. I find that if i don't share them with the people back home and thus pull them into my present, these people tend to fade from memory. Time, the little bastard is another culprit. As i live from day to day here, time between each contact with home strangely increases. A week, two weeks, a month, more. Singapore is dimming.

Do i have to choose? Is it a choice between here and there? If so, whats the right choice?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am an expert on everything...