Wednesday 11 March 2009

The Killers have this awesome song -Human.
I guess all of us have heard it before... Still, songs have this miraculous ability to spark vividly when we are in the right state of mind for them.

One stanza goes as follows...

Pay my respects to grace and virtue
send my condolences to good
give my regards to soul and romance
they always did the best they could
and so long to devotion,
you taught me everything I know
wave good bye, wish me well

I can't explain the intoxicating lure of such words. Perhaps they were not meant to be read the way I interpreted them. Nevertheless, the image of saying a gracious goodbye to all things that keep us rooted and human holds such summon, such entreaty that I feel like violently flinging the shreds of my conscience up and away. Casting aside that bag of bricks to walk light, glistening and freely towards a new existence.

Being good and staying by him is so tiring because its impossible to be all that he wants us to be. How can we constantly strive for what is unattainable? Don't give me the "F" word because if I had it, I would not have uttered the previous statement. If most of what we rely on and insist upon is based on the "F" word, who are we then to doubt and judge people of other religions. They believe because of the very word that we throw around like rice at American weddings. When did it become okay to insist that everyone else is damned when what damns them is the same thing that we think saves us.

But, I've realized recently that some people just want to be left alone. It does not matter if there are holes in their belief, it does not matter if they don't understand. Perhaps these are the safest people. Comfort, contentment, different priorities. I'm starting to accept if not understand.

3 comments:

zazooka said...

they look like footprints on moon _-_

Alison said...

perhaps we really are on moon

Brendan said...

they look like ancient runes.